In part one of this article, we talked about ways to grow your law firm and increase your online reach, so your potential customers can find you.
If you haven’t read that article, make sure you have a browse through it here when you get time.
But in a nutshell, it talks about increasing your customer numbers by:
- Creating a website that is designed purely for your customers and to improve their experience
- Use content to connect and engage with more people
- Using analytics to track how you and your competitors are performing
- Figuring out how online marketing and SEO strategies can help
But there are some more out of the box methods of growing your law firm’s reach, that aren’t necessarily the first ones everybody thinks of. They may also be the ones that you thought were either too hard to try, or wouldn’t give enough return to be worth the effort.
Let’s look a little more at the outside of the box ways to grow your law firm online.
Harness the power of Email Marketing
Developing an email list can provide you with an amazing tool for connecting with your audience. You can encourage people to provide you with their email address in return for a free resource such as an eBook or webinar.
You can then send out regular email marketing and newsletters to:
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field
- Build a relationship with potential customers
- Find out what your potential customers’ pain points are that aren’t being fulfilled (and which you should be targeting)
- Connect to potential customers at all stages of their buying journey
- Advise of new services, specials or relevant changes to the law
- Find out which parts of your website and current digital marketing campaign are working
A list of email addresses is a precious resource which should be looked after carefully. It can offer wonderful value if used with respect, but can be worth nothing if you get too spammy with your emails.
One of the most powerful strategies you can employ to increase your reach is search engine & social media marketing, which is paid advertising.
Through cost-per-click schemes such as Google Ads or social media methods of advertising such as those on Facebook or Instagram, you can connect directly with your target audience.
We use Facebook as a retargeting strategy to target your ideal clients with crucial information they need.
These methods of advertising are far more sophisticated than old-school print media or television, as they connect you with people you specify either through interests, demographics or personal status, or through the types of things they search for in Google and on social media.
You pay only for the ads that are shown, and they are only shown if the criteria about your specific audience are met, giving you a more thorough and strategised marketing plan (and making better use of your marketing budget).
Google Adwords will bring up your website in response to certain searches, whereas on Facebook you need to create a specific advertisement to be shown to social media users.
There is an art to creating these ads which we will be able to help you with. It involves crafting compelling landing pages that convert people into paying clients as well as keyword research to make sure that you are targeting the right search terms & building your email list at the same time
Increase your firm’s profile
There are many ways you could be increasing your firm’s profile online, beyond just having a highly convertible website. This should include:
- Creating profiles on LinkedIn, and Facebook, including one for the law firm and making sure each of your prominent lawyers also develops their own profile and personal brand.
- Claim your business on Google My Business, and TrueLocal. Make sure that all of your details are correct, that opening hours are included, and that all reviews posted are positive.
- Look into registering on online Legal Directories such as Australian Lawyers Directory, FindLaw and Law Path just to name a few.
You should monitor your firm’s profile and those of your lawyers to make sure that the right messages are coming across, as well as staying on top of comments and messaging through these services.
Reviews on social media and websites like LinkedIn can provide immense power, but need to be monitored to ensure that the message being delivered is a positive one.
Automate and Outsource
Smaller law firms and sole practitioners can get very easily caught up in all of the daily admin tasks. You may not have any idea how to find time to increase your client reach through any of the methods we’ve talked about above.
The beauty of a digital world means that there is so much you can either automate or outsource, to free yourself up for the work that you should be doing.
Some great examples of this include:
- Automating email responses
- Setting up appointment booking online
- Engaging a digital marketing professional
- Outsourcing admin tasks to a VA, bookkeeper or copywriter
Growing your law firm marketing online is about harnessing a strategy that connects you to the right clients. It isn’t about turning your law firm into something it isn’t, making promises that won’t be delivered on, or twisting your profile around to make you the answer to everybody’s problem.
It is about honest and genuine connection, and through sophisticated and dynamic strategies, which combine to help you find the people you are the best service for. This is not something you can afford to skip, and is much easier than you think.
Kaylee Chirichiello is the founder and lead strategist of KMC Consulting Solutions. With 8 years of experience consulting to law firms, she uses leading digitial marketing strategies to help you reach your ideal clients.
Want to discuss your law firm’s digital marketing strategy? Book a free 30 min consultation today